The following resources are intended for parents to learn about youth substance misuse.
- Legalizing Marijuana Not Good For Kids: AAP Policy Explained
- The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) believes that youth should not use marijuana, this article explains why.
- Marijuana: What Parents Need to Know
- Marijuana is often portrayed as harmless, but it can be an addictive drug, especially for teens, that can cause serious risks and consequences. Parents are a child’s first and best protection against drug abuse. This article provides information from the AAP about marijuana and how parents can help their child say “No” to drug use.
- Teen Safe
- This online course and video providers parents resources and strategies around substance misuse to help keep their children safe and healthy.
- Drug Free New Hampshire
- This website provides a wide range of informative resources and guides for families and teenagers.